Dotnet app loading wrong COM DLL

Notachance

I've written a .NET web application that interacts with a third-party
COM DLL. The target server already runs a legacy ASP application that
interacts with an older version of the same COM DLL. You can probably
see where this is heading...

The .NET app behaves fine on my development machine, but when deployed
to the live box the app loads the wrong (old) DLL, not the new one,
even though it's been referenced, copy local = true and the new DLL is
sitting there in the bin folder.

Is there a way to force .NET to load the DLL in the local bin folder,
rather than the DLL registered machine-wide with regsvr32?

Cheers!

Notachance

Umm, anyone? Maybe I'm using the wrong keywords, but I haven't been
able to find anything in MSDN or the groups to address this problem.