dotnet controls seen much differently on IE and on netscape.

Mr. x

Hello,
The following show in netscape with a line delemiter between each row.

How can I avoid this behaviour in Netscape ?

<asp:Table runat="server" CellPadding="0" GridLines="horizontal"
HorizontalAlign="Center" dir = "rtl" border = "0" width = "558">
<asp:TableRow>
<asp:TableCell>
<asp:RequiredFieldValidator
ControlToValidate="a_name"
Text="*"
runat="server" />
</asp:TableCell>
<asp:TableCell>Text 1:</asp:TableCell>
<asp:TableCell><asp:TextBox id="a_name" runat="server"
/></asp:TableCell>
</asp:TableRow>
<asp:TableRow>
<asp:TableCell></asp:TableCell>
<asp:TableCell>Text 2:</asp:TableCell>
<asp:TableCell><asp:TextBox runat="server" /></asp:TableCell>
</asp:TableRow>
<asp:TableRow>
<asp:TableCell></asp:TableCell>
<asp:TableCell>Text 3:</asp:TableCell>
<asp:TableCell><asp:TextBox runat="server" /></asp:TableCell>
</asp:TableRow>
</asp:Table>

Thanks :)

Jagan Mohan

I beleive by setting the target browser property of the document in VS.NET
2002, this problem can be solved.

Thanks,
Jagan Mohan

Jagan Mohan

Hi,

In VS.NET open the aspx page in design mode. Right click the document and
Properies.
There is an option called TARGET SCHEMA.Against it there will be a dropdown
with values like Internet Explorer 5.0, Netscape Navigator.
Choose your desired schema.

Else add this tag in the <head> tag
content="http://schemas.microsoft.com/intellisense/ie3-2nav3-0">

Thanks,
Jagan Mohan

Mr. x

Hello,

You mean of VS.NET - Visual Studio .NET ?
If so, I don't have one,
but I would like to hear what can I do in VS.NET more then usual site
written in notepad, or simmiliar ?

Does VS.NET has good debugger ? Is VS.NET's debugger is a relaiable one ?
How much VS.NET costs, and does it have any trial demo for windows-xp ?

Thanks :)

Mr. x

Try at : www.moca.co.il/test/main.html

I have copied the netscape section
( in the example of the link :
case match="^Mozilla/5\.0 \([^)]*\) (Gecko/[-\d]+ )?Netscape[6|7] ...
)

, but I got no new behaviour in Netscape (the same problem ...)

The site is in Hebrew,
but if you click on the left button, you'll see what I ment.

Thanks :)