DotNet Install Failure Again

bahri

Hi All!
I have been trying to install dotnet framework 1.1 for some time without
success.
The error I get is:
Error 1304 Error writing to file
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\Framework\v1.1.4322\System.Drawing.dll.
Verify that you have access to that directory.

Now this directory (V1.14322) I presume, is created by the installer so I
cannot change
it's security level, all other folders I have made available for writing to
everyone.

I ran Windows XP Pro
P4 3.0 Gz

After I cancel the installer removes all files and folders created.
Please help me out, I really need this to run other programs that require
it.

Regards
Carmel Grech

Guest

From windows update? Try going to run,type:services.msc In msc,scroll
down to windows installer,double click,then switch from manual to auto,
start the service.Close out,Then go to microsoft.com,downloads,get .NET
1.1,then run in open instead of downloading to desktop.P.S.Installer only
runs for a few minutes by default.

bahri

Hi!
Thanks for the info.
I had alredy switched to auto and started theWindows installer service.
Please can you explain the following clearer?

"""then run in open instead of downloading to desktop.P.S.Installer only
runs for a few minutes by default"""

Thanks all
Regards

Carmel

Peter van der Goes

bahri said:
[...]

If this belabors the obvious, please excuse the interruption.
You do have full administrative rights on the PC where you are attempting
the installation, correct?

John Young

Check your memory sticks. One of mine was faulty when I first tried. I
took it out and the install worked perfectly.

John

Anonymous

bahri said:
Hi!
Thanks for the info.
I had alredy switched to auto and started theWindows installer service.
Please can you explain the following clearer?

"""then run in open instead of downloading to desktop.P.S.Installer only
runs for a few minutes by default"""

Thanks all
Regards

Carmel

If you have Windows XP, .Net Framework 1.1 should already be installed.

John Young

AFAIK, WinXP does not come out of the box with the framework. You would
need to install SP1 or at least have a version of WinXP with SP1 integrated.

John

Anonymous

John said:
AFAIK, WinXP does not come out of the box with the framework. You would
need to install SP1 or at least have a version of WinXP with SP1 integrated.

John

Oh, that's interesting. Thanks for the info. However, the person
having the problem should have SP1 on their computer.