dotNet - Newbie Queries: Which Version to use?

Mark Rae

I understand that .NET has few frameworks:

1.1
2.0
3.0

Which one should we use for our web application?

2.0

v3.0 is very badly named - it's not a new version of the Framework, but
rather the addition of four core pieces of technology...
Also, we have a few developers in the house, one is more familair in C#,
another is proficient in VB,

can these 2 lang co-exists in one asp.net web application?

Yes, but not easily - this has been discussed to length:
http://www.google.co.uk/search?sour...LG:2006-28,GGLG:en&q=C#+VB.Net+"same+project"

Bruno Alexandre

dont forget that .NET 3.5 in on the way :)

just to mix things a little bit ;-)

--

Bruno Alexandre
Stroby, Danmark

"a Portuguese in Denmark"

Eric Layman

Hi,

I understand that .NET has few frameworks:

1.1
2.0
3.0

Which one should we use for our web application?

Also, we have a few developers in the house, one is more familair in C#,
another is proficient in VB,

can these 2 lang co-exists in one asp.net web application?

Pls advise.

Thanks

Thomas Hansen

On Feb 15, 7:11 am, "Eric Layman" <namyalcire[at no spam]gmail.com>
wrote:
[snip]
To make a long story VERY short!
Use ASP.NET 2.0
Use C#
!!

..t

sloan

Eric,

I would recommend C# 2.0.

3.0 is an "add on" to 2.0, thus you can always update to it.

If you go C# first, you'll avoid some issues where vb.net has left things in
a way to help out those coming up from vb6.
I look at it, as "they enable you to bring your bad vb6 habits with you".

I was a vb6 coder, with some bad habits too. So I"m talking to myself here.

http://sholliday.spaces.live.com/blog/

Being proficient at VB6 is NOT a reason to go with vb.net.

Hi,