DotNetNuke

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Barbiturico76, Jul 7, 2008.

  1. I upgrade DotNetNuke from version 4.8.3 to 4.8.4 but still have a
    problem....

    [I use it in a system with XP Pro SP3, IIS.5.1, MSSQL Express]

    The problem is this:
    Server Error in '/MyApp' Application.
    Configuration Error
    file required to service this request. Please review the specific error
    details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

    Parser Error Message: La sottodirectory del codice
    '/MyApp/App_Code/HTML/' non esiste.

    Source Error:

    Line 108: -->
    Line 109: <codeSubDirectories>
    Line 110: <add directoryName="HTML" />
    Line 111: <add directoryName="IFrame" />
    Line 112: <add directoryName="Survey" />

    Source File: C:\DotNetNuke\website\web.config Line: 110

    Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.1433;
    ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.1433

    I looked around on the internet and found that the problem is connected
    to parent referencing of the web.config file.
    That is to say, it's a kind of bug that shows itself when using a
    virtual directory under the DNN main dir.
    In fact, I created a virtualdir to contain my personal ASP.NET app
    (called MyApp in the error code).

    The situation is: DNN is working great, but I cannot access MyApp.

    I also tried to create a neutral main dir and put both DNN and MyApp in
    two virtual dir but obtained another error.

    I'll be grateful for any tip in the right direction.

    Barbiturico76, Jul 7, 2008