Double ajax calls, using $F the second time returns null

dcoleyoung

Hi,

I'm using the $F of the prototype library to send data through the Ajax
Request. I'm having problems using the $F to reference fields sent
back through an original Request. My first request sends a form back
to the user in the type such as <input text name=foo> and at the bottom
of the returned form I have a second ajax call to send the fresh data
to the another script. The problem is that the new data in the form
cannot be referenced from $F. My question is how can I pass the new
data in the javascript to another Ajax call either by $F or by other
means?

dcoleyoung

I figured out that each field neededs an "id" otherwise the ajax call
will hang.

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

Good said:
(e-mail address removed) wrote [...]
I figured out that each field neededs an "id" otherwise the ajax call
will hang.

on a related note, you should be putting unique id's on virtually every
element that you plan on changing dynamically.

Element object access is possible without ID, and access with ID may not
even be feasible for the field of application.

PointedEars