Double-click html field brings up a picklist

Will Handley

I have a user who claims that when she double-clicks _any_ field on a
jsp-generated html page (<input type=text ..> element), she gets a
dropdown showing the last 2-3 login ids she has used. I can't
duplicate the behaviour, nor can anyone else. She's tried this on
several computers and they all do the same thing. Anybody have any
idea what causes this?

Michael Borgwardt

Will said:
I have a user who claims that when she double-clicks _any_ field on a
jsp-generated html page (<input type=text ..> element), she gets a
dropdown showing the last 2-3 login ids she has used. I can't
duplicate the behaviour, nor can anyone else. She's tried this on
several computers and they all do the same thing. Anybody have any
idea what causes this?

Sounds like a form autocomplete feature in her browser. If it happens
on several computers then that's probably because she has a remote home
directory and therefore the same browser settings on all of them.

But that it activates on *all* text input fields is strange. I don't know
how form autocompletion normally selects which previous input to apply
where, but that sounds like really bad design or an implementation bug.