Double Click on Button creates javascript instead of taking me to the event handler on the page clas

Icon Iconoclast

Double Click on Button creates javascript instead of taking me to the event
handler on the page class. I am using Visual Web Developer 2008.
I want to be taken to the Event Handler. What's the solution?

Guest

Double Click on Button creates javascript instead of taking me to the event
handler on the page class. I am using Visual Web Developer 2008.
I want to be taken to the Event Handler. What's the solution?

According to manuals for VWD you must be taken to the code behind
file. I guess there is something wrong with your VWD or you've a
webform without code-behind class.

Göran Andersson

Icon said:
Double Click on Button creates javascript instead of taking me to the
event handler on the page class. I am using Visual Web Developer 2008.
I want to be taken to the Event Handler. What's the solution?

Have you forgotten the runat="server" attribute on the button?

Hans Kesting

Double Click on Button creates javascript instead of taking me to the event
handler on the page class. I am using Visual Web Developer 2008.
I want to be taken to the Event Handler. What's the solution?

Does it really create javascript or is it a <script runat=server>
block?
That last one will user server side code (in C# or VB.Net).

Hans Kesting