double-clickable jar files and Linux

Federico

Hello!

My problem (one of them):
I have a double-clickable jar file. It works fine in Windows, Mac and
some linux. But not in other linux.
Does anybody know what a jar file to be double-clickable in linux
depends on?

Lots of thanks,
Federico

Michael Borgwardt

Federico said:
My problem (one of them):
I have a double-clickable jar file. It works fine in Windows, Mac and
some linux. But not in other linux.
Does anybody know what a jar file to be double-clickable in linux
depends on?

The configuration of the desktop(KDE/Gnome/whatever), namely its association
between file types and actions to execute when a file of a particular type
is double-clicked.

Morten Alver

My problem (one of them):
I have a double-clickable jar file. It works fine in Windows, Mac and
some linux. But not in other linux.
Does anybody know what a jar file to be double-clickable in linux
depends on?

I'd say it doesn't depend on the jar, but on the desktop manager used on
the Linux computer. Assuming the jar is executable, of course. Both KDE
and Gnome can probably be set up to execute jar files when clicked, but
the diversity of Linux installations means this option won't be
available everywhere. So you'd be wise to provide instructions on how to
execute from the command line (java -jar ...).