Double.ToString("C") cause web page display problem: "$" sign does not shown properly.

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Norman Yuan, Jan 26, 2006.

  1. Norman Yuan

    Norman Yuan Guest

    I posted this issue a while ago. After moveing the ASP.NET 1.1 app to a
    brand new server, the same problem still there.

    System: Winows2003 server std. .NET 1.1
    App: Invoicing system

    Problem:

    Since the app is dealing with money amount a lot, in many place I used
    Double.ToString("C") to show a number as money amount on the web page. There
    is no problem on my developing/testing computer. It is alos OK on the
    production server, if there is no much work load to this app. However, if
    work load increases, the "$" then becomes a non-printable dot or a small
    square. It happens on all clients' browser. So, I am pretty sure it does not
    happen at client end. Restart the server cures it, but stop and restart IIS
    service does not help. Also, if the work load of this app slows down long
    enough, say in the night when no one is in office to use the app, the
    problem goes away without the need to re-start the server.

    To prove it to myself, I change quite a few Double.ToString("C") to "$" +
    Double.ToString("F"), then these changed "$" sign printed on screen OK. I
    also tried to change the font I have used (all are very generic fonts Arial,
    Miscrosoft Sans Serif...). No help.

    So far, I can only say it is something on the server for sure.

    Does anyone have this kind of experience or have some ideas on this?

    Norman Yuan, Jan 26, 2006