Doubleclick event in DataView

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Chris Zopers, Feb 12, 2008.

  1. Chris Zopers

    Chris Zopers Guest

    Hello,

    I have a html table and each row in it shows a record. Below the table
    there is an asp:button. When the user clicks on the button, a form is
    openened where the user can view or edit the selected row/record in the
    table.

    It should also be possible for a user to doubleclick on a row, this
    should have the same effect as selecting a row and clicking the edit
    button.

    From client side / javascript this is easy to accomplish, but I would
    like to do this without javascript/client-side script.

    So I have a html table (may be changed to a DataView if that's easier),
    and an asp:button. Is there a way to do this without javascript?

    Greetings,
    Chris

    Chris Zopers, Feb 12, 2008

  2. Hello Chris,

    see sample there http://aspadvice.com/blogs/joteke/archive/2006/01/07/14576.aspx
    but using javascript is rather elegant way

    ---
    WBR,

    Michael Nemtsev [MVP], Feb 12, 2008