    or interpreted language. If Python is interpreter
    language why compilation is there.

    with regards

    praba kar, Apr 27, 2005

  2. praba kar

    Andrew Dalke Guest

    praba kar wrote:
    > I want to know whether Python is compiler language
    > or interpreted language. If Python is interpreter
    > language why compilation is there.

    That distinction is implementation dependent and
    not an aspect of the language. How would that knowledge
    affect your decisions or thoughts on the topic?

    The C version of Python byte-compiles the code and
    caches the byte-code for the next time.

    The .Net version can compiled down to assembly, at
    least for some calls.

    I've seen interactive versions of C that were
    implemented with an interpreter. (The one I'm thinking
    of was used for teaching.)

    Andrew

    Andrew Dalke, May 1, 2005