Doubt regarding python Compilation

praba kar

Dear all,

I have doubt regarding python Compilation.
I want to know whether Python is compiler language
or interpreted language. If Python is interpreter
language why compilation is there.

with regards

Andrew Dalke

praba said:
I want to know whether Python is compiler language
or interpreted language. If Python is interpreter
language why compilation is there.

That distinction is implementation dependent and
not an aspect of the language. How would that knowledge
affect your decisions or thoughts on the topic?

The C version of Python byte-compiles the code and
caches the byte-code for the next time.

The .Net version can compiled down to assembly, at
least for some calls.

I've seen interactive versions of C that were
implemented with an interpreter. (The one I'm thinking
of was used for teaching.)

Andrew
(e-mail address removed)