    Function" and "Function Pointer". Whether these two mean the
    same.Wating for ur reply guys.

    , Dec 21, 2005

  2. wrote:
    > Hi, I am new this group. This group helped me a lot in knowing many
    > things. Can anybody explain me the difference between "Pointer to
    > Function" and "Function Pointer". Whether these two mean the
    > same.Wating for ur reply guys.

    It's the same thing. Do you have a specific reason to ask?

    Tydr Schnubbis, Dec 21, 2005

  3. said:

    > Hi, I am new this group. This group helped me a lot in knowing many
    > things. Can anybody explain me the difference between "Pointer to
    > Function" and "Function Pointer". Whether these two mean the
    > same.Wating for ur reply guys.

    This came up recently, but hey, it's Christmas, so here's the answer again.

    A pointer to function is a value which, if dereferenced, calls the function
    pointed to.

    A function pointer is either an indeterminate value, a null value, or a
    pointer to function.

    --
    Richard Heathfield
    "Usenet is a strange place" - dmr 29/7/1999

    Richard Heathfield, Dec 21, 2005