    oracle.com - oh well...

    Cheers

    robert
    Robert Klemme, Aug 15, 2010

  2. In article <>,
    Robert Klemme <> wrote:

    > Hi there,
    >
    > I get a fairly cryptic "Your download transaction cannot be approved.
    > Contact Customer Service." when trying to download the JDK (Win
    > 32bit) from
    >
    > http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jdk6-jsp-136632.html
    >
    > Anybody experiencing the same? It appears this is the first time
    > that I attempt a JDK download after the page has been (partially?)
    > moved to oracle.com - oh well...

    I'm getting the same thing today, but it (apparently) worked several
    times on 12- and 13-August.

    --
    John B. Matthews
    trashgod at gmail dot com
    John B. Matthews, Aug 15, 2010

  3. Robert Klemme

    Nick Guest

    The same thing is happening to me and I'm looking for a fix or an
    alternate mirror. :/
    Nick, Aug 15, 2010
  4. Robert Klemme

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Sun, 15 Aug 2010 18:18:06 +0200, Robert Klemme
    <> wrote, quoted or indirectly quoted
    someone who said :

    >http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jdk6-jsp-136632.html

    I downloaded without problems. However, when I retried it, I got the
    same message as you. Perhaps the login is now mandatory, but the text
    is not up to date. Follow the instructions "contact customer service".
    That should get it fixed.

    --
    Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
    http://mindprod.com

    You encapsulate not just to save typing, but more importantly, to make it easy and safe to change the code later, since you then need change the logic in only one place. Without it, you might fail to change the logic in all the places it occurs.
    Roedy Green, Aug 16, 2010
  5. On 16.08.2010 01:50, Roedy Green wrote:
    > On Sun, 15 Aug 2010 18:18:06 +0200, Robert Klemme
    > <> wrote, quoted or indirectly quoted
    > someone who said :
    >
    >> http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jdk6-jsp-136632.html

    > I downloaded without problems. However, when I retried it, I got the
    > same message as you. Perhaps the login is now mandatory, but the text
    > is not up to date. Follow the instructions "contact customer service".
    > That should get it fixed.

    Login did not make any difference. I contacted support but they did not
    respond yet. Good news is that today I could download the JDK - so it
    was probably just a temporary error (maybe too much load or weekend
    maintenance work).

    Cheers

    robert

    http://blog.rubybestpractices.com/