Dowloading

Sten Larsson

How can I allow downloading a file on the server to a different file name on
the client?

I already have uploading, and I use aspSmartUpload with no problems. To
avoid file name clashes, I rename the files when stored on the server. When
the user downloads, I want to restore the original file name. This seems
like a trivial task, but I have not been able to yet.

First attempt was to use aspSmartUpload.DownloadFile. But it corrupts the
original file (at least when testing w. a Word document). I did try setting
content type both "application/msword" and "application/x-msdownload".

Any ideas? Thanks!
-sten