Download a file in Perl

Roland Mösl

I have each month to download all the logfiles from
my web server as GZ compressed files.

From each domain access and referer log files.

The downlaod is only possible in http

Username and password is required.

The proposed name what gives the server
for the downlaod has to be changed.

I work in Perl since 1997, but I have no idea
how to perform this task

A nice extra would be to decompress the files
also, because all the log files are later stored in
one single zip file

J. Gleixner

Roland said:
I have each month to download all the logfiles from
my web server as GZ compressed files.

From each domain access and referer log files.

The downlaod is only possible in http

Username and password is required.

The proposed name what gives the server
for the downlaod has to be changed.

I work in Perl since 1997, but I have no idea
how to perform this task

A nice extra would be to decompress the files
also, because all the log files are later stored in
one single zip file

Use LWP to "get" a file using http:

perldoc lwpcook

To unzip, you could use system/backticks/or one of many modules
avaialble on CPAN.