Download a file in Perl

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by Roland Mösl, Sep 10, 2003.

  1. Roland Mösl

    Roland Mösl Guest

    I have each month to download all the logfiles from
    my web server as GZ compressed files.

    From each domain access and referer log files.

    The downlaod is only possible in http

    Username and password is required.

    The proposed name what gives the server
    for the downlaod has to be changed.

    I work in Perl since 1997, but I have no idea
    how to perform this task

    A nice extra would be to decompress the files
    also, because all the log files are later stored in
    one single zip file

    --
    Roland Mösl
    http://www.pege.org Clear targets for a confused civilization
    Roland Mösl, Sep 10, 2003

  2. Roland Mösl

    J. Gleixner Guest

    Roland Mösl wrote:
    > I have each month to download all the logfiles from
    > my web server as GZ compressed files.
    >
    > From each domain access and referer log files.
    >
    > The downlaod is only possible in http
    >
    > Username and password is required.
    >
    > The proposed name what gives the server
    > for the downlaod has to be changed.
    >

    > I work in Perl since 1997, but I have no idea
    > how to perform this task
    >

    > A nice extra would be to decompress the files
    > also, because all the log files are later stored in
    > one single zip file

    Use LWP to "get" a file using http:

    perldoc lwpcook

    To unzip, you could use system/backticks/or one of many modules
    avaialble on CPAN.
    J. Gleixner, Sep 10, 2003