Download a File using WebClient class

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by =?Utf-8?B?c3dlZXR5?=, Jul 31, 2007.

  1. Hi,
    I'll download some file from our client site which is accessed after
    logging in through some credentials. There I have the option to download a
    file. I'll set it to download, and the download is started message apprears
    on the page.
    After a while I get an email saying that down load is complete. Then I'll go
    back to the same page where I initiated download, I'll have an option to view
    downloaded file.
    I'll view the file and save the file on to my disk. This is the process I'm
    following for a long time. In order to automate the download process I
    researched some articles and have developed an asp.net web application using
    WebClient.
    I'm not sure why it is not working. When I run the application, it should
    initiate the download process. But its not doing it.
    Am I missing anything here?
    This is the code I've written in the application.
    using System;
    using System.Data;
    using System.Configuration;
    using System.Collections;
    using System.Web;
    using System.Web.Security;
    using System.Web.UI;
    using System.Web.UI.WebControls;
    using System.Web.UI.HtmlControls;
    using System.Net;
    using System.IO;

    namespace FileDownload1

    WebClient Client = new WebClient();

    NetworkCredential credential =
    new NetworkCredential("userid", "pwd", "domain name");
    Client.Credentials = credential;

    Client.DownloadFile("Url", "C:\file1.xslx");

    I'm struggling with this problem for a number of days, please any body help
    me.
    Thanks,
    =?Utf-8?B?c3dlZXR5?=, Jul 31, 2007