download a file

Fredy

Hello
I have a file on the server and i want it to be downloadable by users
when they press on a link. i tried send_date, but it created a new
file instead of grabbing the existing one.
Here is the code

def download
send_data( path=>"public/files/test.doc" , :filename => "test.doc",
:type => "text/doc", :disposition => "attachment")
end

any help will be appreciated :)
Thank you
Fred

Phillip Gawlowski

Fredy

Hello
It's Rails :)
here is the view code:
<%= link_to "Download", { :action => "download" } , :post => true
%>

as i said in my previous thread, the file is already in the server; no
need to create, just download it. but i got a new file created
instead, with nothing in it.
Thank youg

Phillip Gawlowski