download ASP ver 2.0

Brad Pears

I have a quick question... We have ASP ver 1.1 on our Win2K3 server. We are
installing Sharepoint which requires the .net framework ver 3.0 and ASP 2.0.
No problems getting the .net framework 3.0 but I CAN NOT find ASP ver 2.0
anywhere!! Is it bundled in some other download? I checked MS download
site and version 2.0 is not there as a download - although there are tons of
references to ASP ver 2.0 stuff...

What gives?? Does anyone have a link to a site where this can be
downloaded??

Thanks, Brad

David Wier

If I remember correctly, if you download 3.0, it will check to see if you
have 2.0 installed - then, if you don't, it will handle that part for you

nahid

I have a quick question... We have ASP ver 1.1 on our Win2K3 server. We are
installing Sharepoint which requires the .net framework ver 3.0 and ASP 2.0.
No problems getting the .net framework 3.0 but I CAN NOT find ASP ver 2.0
anywhere!! Is it bundled in some other download? I checked MS download
site and version 2.0 is not there as a download - although there are tons of
references to ASP ver 2.0 stuff...

What gives?? Does anyone have a link to a site where this can be
downloaded??

Thanks, Brad

hi,
if you are uninstalling 2.0 can download it from here
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=0856EACB-4362-4B0D-8EDD-AAB15C5E04F5

but 2.0 framework should be there after installing 3.0
if you don't find it in iis then using as aspnet_regiis.exe -i
resister asp.net to iis

aspnet_regiis.exe located in ...\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework
\v2.0.50727

hope helps

nahid
http://nahidulkibria.blogspot.com/
http://www.kaz.com.bd

Brad Pears

That link you included is for the .net framework ver 2.0. We want .net
framework 3.0 which can be found no problem and ASP .net ver 2.0. We
currently have only ASP ver 1.1 installed. I cannot find an ASP ver 2.0
download anywhere...

Installing ver 3.0 doesn't seem to have installed ASP ver 2.0 and did not
mention anything about it either...

Help!

Brad Pears

Installing ver 3.0 doesn't seem to have installed ASP ver 2.0 and did not
mention anything about it either...

Help!
Brad

Riki

Peter said:
.NET Framework 2.0 gives you ASP.NET 2.0. There is no "ASP.NET 2.0" to
download.

Just for completeness, .NET Framework 2.0 gives you ASP.NET 2.0, provided
you have installed IIS first.

If you first installed .NET 2.0, then IIS, you have to reinstall .NET 2.0 to
get ASP.NET 2.0.