    that will do the trick, please help. thank you
    -
    jangotang

    jangotango, Jun 9, 2004

  2. jangotango

    Mitja Guest

    jangotango <4designers.com>
    (news:) wrote:
    > im not sure if im in the right place or not, but im looking for
    > something that will count the number of times a file is downloaded off
    > of my site. it doesn't necassarily have to be an HTML code. If you
    > know a site that provides such a webtool or a nifty HTML code or
    > something that will do the trick, please help. thank you.

    Do you really mean "the number of times a file is downloaded off my site"? I
    guess the only reliable way to do this would be to analyze Apache logs. Or a
    script wrapper 'round your htmls, if you're not a webmaster. If you don't do
    it on your server, there's trouble with proxies, I'd think.

    But what you probably want is a counter for visitors; have a look at
    Nedstat.

    Mitja, Jun 9, 2004

  3. jangotango wrote:

    > im not sure if im in the right place or not, but im looking for
    > something that will count the number of times a file is downloaded off
    > of my site.

    Yes, there is some software that can do that. It's called a "webserver".

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

    Toby A Inkster, Jun 10, 2004