download count

jangotango

im not sure if im in the right place or not, but im looking fo
something that will count the number of times a file is downloaded of
of my site. it doesn't necassarily have to be an HTML code. If you kno
a site that provides such a webtool or a nifty HTML code or somethin
that will do the trick, please help. thank you
-
jangotang

Mitja

jangotango said:
im not sure if im in the right place or not, but im looking for
something that will count the number of times a file is downloaded off
of my site. it doesn't necassarily have to be an HTML code. If you
know a site that provides such a webtool or a nifty HTML code or
something that will do the trick, please help. thank you.

Do you really mean "the number of times a file is downloaded off my site"? I
guess the only reliable way to do this would be to analyze Apache logs. Or a
script wrapper 'round your htmls, if you're not a webmaster. If you don't do
it on your server, there's trouble with proxies, I'd think.

But what you probably want is a counter for visitors; have a look at
Nedstat.

Toby A Inkster

jangotango said:
im not sure if im in the right place or not, but im looking for
something that will count the number of times a file is downloaded off
of my site.

Yes, there is some software that can do that. It's called a "webserver".