Download Dialog Appears Twice

BillH

I have an ASP page to download a CSV file using the following code

Response.ContentType="text/plain
Response.AddHeader "Content-disposition", "attachment; filename=Report.csv
Response.Write strCS

When I run this, I get the download dialog displayed twice. Any ideas how to solve this

Thank

Patrice

Really weird. I would start by tring just those lines :

<%
Response.AddHeader "Content-disposition", "attachment; filename=Report.txt"
Response.Write "Hello World !"
%>

Do you have the download dialog twice ? Does it open notepad twice ?

Patrice

BillH

When I try that I get the dowload dialog twice, but Notepad only opens after the second time

I have also discovered that this only happens when the page is requested using POST rather than GET. Also, it is a browser issue as it happens with IE6 SP1 but not with IE6 SP2 (the version with Windows XP SP2 RC1) or Mozilla 1.

Thank

Bil

<
%