    module or example where this is shown then i would be greatful

    Thanks in advance

    hafizur
    haf1zur, Nov 9, 2005

  2. haf1zur

    Juha Laiho Guest

    "haf1zur" <> said:
    >What i need to do is download an email from an smtp server and then
    >extract the attachments
    >
    >I tried searching for various things, but could not find anything that
    >did it. The smtp server is ms exchange, and if anyone can point me to a
    >module or example where this is shown then i would be greatful

    First, this message is offtopic here.

    Second, you don't (typically) download emails from SMTP servers (ok,
    SMTP ETRN does exist, but doesn't seem that popular). It might be
    that you download messages from a server reachable also by SMTP, but
    SMTP itself has no part in getting the messages. Most probably, you'll
    be interested in IMAP protocol (if it happens to be enabled on your
    Exchange server).

    There are ways to talk to IMAP servers using perl; see the CPAN
    module archive for details -- then if you have issues on how to
    use your chosen module, this is the place for discussion on the
    problems with that module (comp.lang.perl.modules would be even
    more on topic).
    --
    Wolf a.k.a. Juha Laiho Espoo, Finland
    Juha Laiho, Nov 9, 2005