download file from intranet linux server to windows clients

Discussion in 'Python' started by Luis P. Mendes, Jun 16, 2006.

    Luis P. Mendes, Jun 16, 2006

  2. In article <4492e5c1$0$15782$>,
    Luis P. Mendes <> wrote:
    .
    .
    .
    >I'm building an intranet web server in Linux for around 40 windows
    >clients with Django.
    >
    >The problem is that I want to build an excel file based on criteria
    >entered by the client, that the client must be able do download to his
    >personal work space. I use pyExcelerator to create the Excel files.
    >
    >How can I do it? Do I need another excel generator?
    >
    >Client's information about its working directory should be read, but
    >how? I could only find the way to read the server environment
    >variables, where data is processed.

    .
    .
    .
    We do a lot of this--dynamic construction on the server-side of
    Excel documents, delivered as Web pages. My impression is that
    you're working too hard: don't bother worrying about where "the
    client's workspace" is; just let the browser manage all that.
    Browsers are adequate or better at downloading.
    Cameron Laird, Jun 18, 2006