    specific users. What I want is to send them a password through email,
    but I want to know who's has downloaded.
    Please adivce. thanks...

    js, Apr 1, 2005

  2. js

    js Guest

    Thanks Curt,

    "Curt_C [MVP]" wrote in message
    news:...
    > store the file outside the WWW path and stream it to the client after you
    > validate them.
    > See http://www.darkfalz.com/1098 for streaming starter

    what will be the usual way to validate them? Can I use a client script
    instead? Thanks.

    js, Apr 1, 2005

  3. js

    js Guest

    Thanks...

    js, Apr 1, 2005
  4. js

    James Van Guest

    Here are some links to articles regarding the streaming process.

    http://www.aspin.com/func/content-search?id=5357510&qry= download+file

    http://www.asp101.com/articles/jason/filedownloadlist/defaul t.asp

    http://www.planet-source-code.com/vb/scripts/ShowCode.asp?ln
    gWId=4&txtCodeId=7351

    http://www.developerfusion.com/show/233/

    http://www.aspalliance.com/chrisg/default.asp?article=49

    Here is a ASP application that handles everything for you.

    http://www.aspprotect.com/more_info_full_v7.asp

    James Van, Apr 2, 2005
  5. js

    js Guest