Download file through Web Service???

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by rtc, Jul 25, 2003.

  1. rtc

    rtc Guest

    I am trying to think up solutions for downloading files
    through HTTPS to a third party server. I have researched
    BITS and would really like to use that to manage the
    download.

    I was wondering if there was a way to access the file
    through a web service rather than supplying the actual
    url.

    For example https://server/files/graphics/iso.zip is not
    a problem but I would like to do something like
    https://server/file.asmx?fileid={GUID}.

    Is that even possible? BITS might not know how to
    download the file but is it possible to even begin
    downloading a file using the second url? Could someone
    please send me down the correct path?

    Thanks in advance.

    rtc, Jul 25, 2003