    stage.

    Kind regards
    Svend Grønlund

    Svend Gr?nlund, Feb 6, 2004

  2. Svend Gr?nlund

    Evertjan. Guest

    Svend Gr?nlund wrote on 06 feb 2004 in comp.lang.javascript:

    > In IE you can register the URL of a script on your server to a right
    > click menuitem when pointing to a hyperlink. The script can get access
    > to the URL of the hyperlink. I wish to have this script to download
    > the file corresponding to the URL without user interaction on this
    > stage.

    NEVER.

    This would give you access to the client's computer without their consent.

    That YOU would be the gardian of their interest is ...

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.

    Evertjan., Feb 6, 2004

  3. The script must be registered on the client PC, so this is only relevant
    on an intranet.

    Svend Grønlund, Feb 6, 2004
  4. Svend Gr?nlund

    Evertjan. Guest

    Svend Grønlund wrote on 06 feb 2004 in comp.lang.javascript:
    > The script must be registered on the client PC, so this is only relevant
    > on an intranet.

    Use a .hta ?

    --
    Evertjan.