download free source programs in C

shendeajay

Hi friends,

Download the hundreds of source programs in C language from

http://www.geocities.com/t1softwares/cprg.htm

I have downloaded many C programs from above link. These programs are
very useful for students as well as for teachers of C language. There
are all types of C programs on above website like
Programs based on arrays, String, all sorting methods in C, file
creation and records addition, Structures and unions in C etc...

To download the programs from above website

Click on Download

And also Download High quality DSF (Data Structure and files) programs
in C from

http://www.geocities.com/t1softwares/dsfprg.htm

There are many programs on above website. The programs includes all
linked list operations, (Create, append, addbegin,insert,delete..) and
also programs based on other data structures in C language such as
Graph, Trees, Arrays, Queues and Stacks etc..

To download the DSF programs from above website
Click on download.

Richard Heathfield

(e-mail address removed) said:
Hi friends,

Download the hundreds of source programs in C language from

http://www.geocities.com/t1softwares/cprg.htm
To download the programs from above website

Click on Download

Unzipping results in this message:

End-of-central-directory signature not found. Either this file is not
a zipfile, or it constitutes one disk of a multi-part archive. In the
latter case the central directory and zipfile comment will be found on
the last disk(s) of this archive.
And also Download High quality DSF (Data Structure and files) programs
in C from

http://www.geocities.com/t1softwares/dsfprg.htm

Same message.

Kenny McCormack

Richard Heathfield said:
Unzipping results in this message:

End-of-central-directory signature not found. Either this file is not
a zipfile, or it constitutes one disk of a multi-part archive. In the
latter case the central directory and zipfile comment will be found on
the last disk(s) of this archive.

Gee, ya think? Ya think that, maybe, just maybe, these aren't really
ZIP files? Wow. Ya think that, maybe, just maybe, the first two bytes
of the file are 'M' and 'Z'? Better check it out.

Ws

(e-mail address removed) said:
End-of-central-directory signature not found. Either this file is not
a zipfile, or it constitutes one disk of a multi-part archive. In the
latter case the central directory and zipfile comment will be found on
the last disk(s) of this archive.

/sigh
Richard, I would just like to point out NOT to open unknown links/
files.

Rule #1: If you don't know the person, be careful of opening links.

Rule #2: Always check the magic bytes of the file. If you do not know
about magic bytes, look them up. If it makes it easier, and you're
using *nix, you may well have access to a command called `file'. Use
it, it's your best friend. It'll look at the magic for you!

$ file test.jpg
test.jpg: PC bitmap data, Windows 3.x format, 400 x 400 x 1

Rule #3: Do not open download files off of links to sites that are not
reputable or have a history without running a virus/spyware scanner on
them. Seriously, this is about the same magnitude as rule #1.

Rule #4: USE COMMON SENSE. This goes for rules #1 and #3 also, but I
feel it deserves noting here. This is a _programming_ newsgroup. The
Orig. Poster notedIf a programmer doesn't get the idea to "Click on Download" to
download files, then there's something wrong...

-Wes

Richard Heathfield

Ws said:

Richard, I would just like to point out NOT to open unknown links/
files.

Why ever not?
Rule #1: If you don't know the person, be careful of opening links.

How do you open a link "carefully"? Either you follow the link or you
don't. Click, or don't click. Tab down and hit enter, or don't tab down
and hit enter.

Do you know the Web designers at the BBC personally? Or CNN? Or whatever
your preferred RL news site is? If so, pick another relevant example.
And if not, are you "careful" about the links you open? If so, how?
Rule #2: Always check the magic bytes of the file.

How can you do this without downloading it? Note, too, that not all
files have "magic bytes" as you call them.
If you do not know
about magic bytes, look them up. If it makes it easier, and you're
using *nix, you may well have access to a command called `file'. Use
it, it's your best friend. It'll look at the magic for you!

Works over the Web, does it? If not, how can you look at it without
first downloading it?
$ file test.jpg
test.jpg: PC bitmap data, Windows 3.x format, 400 x 400 x 1

Rule #3: Do not open download files off of links to sites that are not
reputable or have a history without running a virus/spyware scanner on
them. Seriously, this is about the same magnitude as rule #1.

Rule #4: USE COMMON SENSE. This goes for rules #1 and #3 also, but I
feel it deserves noting here. This is a _programming_ newsgroup. The
Orig. Poster noted
If a programmer doesn't get the idea to "Click on Download" to
download files, then there's something wrong...

Yes, but that *might* have been because the OP was bright enough to
understand Sturgeon's Law as applied to Usenet users. I invariably give
people too *little* information because I keep thinking they're bright
enough to work it out - despite much evidence to the contrary.

Charlton Wilbur

Ws> /sigh Richard, I would just like to point out NOT to open
Ws> unknown links/ files.

Ws> Rule #1: If you don't know the person, be careful of opening
Ws> links.

Rule #0: if you use an operating system that confuses data and
executable content, and that doesn't use the concept of appropriate
privilege levels, it's time to get a different operating system.

Charlton

Malcolm McLean

Charlton Wilbur said:
Ws> /sigh Richard, I would just like to point out NOT to open
Ws> unknown links/ files.

Ws> Rule #1: If you don't know the person, be careful of opening
Ws> links.

Rule #0: if you use an operating system that confuses data and
executable content, and that doesn't use the concept of appropriate
privilege levels, it's time to get a different operating system.
That's actually one definition of a computer. It can treat its data as
executable instructions.

Chris Dollin

Malcolm said:
That's actually one definition of a computer. It can treat its data as
executable instructions.

"Being able to treat as" and "confuses with" are not the same concept.

Kelsey Bjarnason

[snips]

Rule #1: If you don't know the person, be careful of opening links.

Why? Is some evil net monster going to attack?
Rule #2: Always check the magic bytes of the file.

Why, is some evil file type monster going to attack?
Rule #3: Do not open download files off of links to sites that are not
reputable or have a history without running a virus/spyware scanner on
them. Seriously, this is about the same magnitude as rule #1.

Virus scanner? Spyware scanner? Blech; not sure such things even exist
for my OS... other than to scan for threats to that other OS.
Rule #4: USE COMMON SENSE.

Like not using an OS whose security model most closely resembles a Swiss
cheese after a shotgun blast? :)

Bliton

[snips]

Rule #1: If you don't know the person, be careful of opening links.

Why? Is some evil net monster going to attack?
Rule #2: Always check the magic bytes of the file.

Why, is some evil file type monster going to attack?
Rule #3: Do not open download files off of links to sites that are not
reputable or have a history without running a virus/spyware scanner on
them. Seriously, this is about the same magnitude as rule #1.

Virus scanner? Spyware scanner? Blech; not sure such things even exist
for my OS... other than to scan for threats to that other OS.
Rule #4: USE COMMON SENSE.

Like not using an OS whose security model most closely resembles a Swiss
cheese after a shotgun blast? :)

I think threats to computer are caused due to files which has
extension .exe. That's how viruses are spread I guess. If you know
about other file types which contains viruses or any malicious code
please let me know. You said about magic bytes. What are these magic
bytes.

Flash Gordon

Bliton wrote, On 09/08/07 18:13:
Like not using an OS whose security model most closely resembles a Swiss
cheese after a shotgun blast? :)

I think threats to computer are caused due to files which has
extension .exe. That's how viruses are spread I guess.

You guess wrong, or at least incompletely. For a start I remember
receiving (but not being infected by) a word virus in a .doc
> If you know
about other file types which contains viruses or any malicious code
please let me know. You said about magic bytes. What are these magic
bytes.

Bytes that perform magic. More specifically, they are specific byte
sequences at the start of certain types of file.

All this is off topic, so please find a more appropriate place if you
want to discus it further.

Kelsey Bjarnason

[snips]

I think threats to computer are caused due to files which has extension
.exe.

Or .com or .scr or .doc or...
That's how viruses are spread I guess.

In some systems, perhaps. Feel free to send me a thousand infected .EXE
files; I guarantee they won't infect my machine - and I don't even run
ant-virus tools.
If you know about other
file types which contains viruses or any malicious code please let me
know.

There's too many to keep track of, if you're a Windows user.