    audio file has finished downloading. I've been experimenting with
    opening a new window for the XML download, but it doesn't seem like a
    very good solution. Any ideas?
    Gary, Aug 17, 2006

  2. The browser is only going to download one file at a time. You can create a
    zip file with the 2 files in it. You can create an installation file
    (executable) that contains both files and installs them. Or you can create
    an ActiveX control or Java Applet (or SWF) that does the work in the
    browser.

    --
    HTH,

    Kevin Spencer
    Microsoft MVP
    Chicken Salad Surgery

    Orange you bland I stopped splaying bananas?

    Kevin Spencer, Aug 17, 2006

  3. Gary

    Gary Guest

    If I set window.location.href for the first file, and then use
    window.open for the second file, the user is prompted for the download
    location for each file, and both files download, but I can't find a way
    of closing the extra window that I've created. I know I could implement
    one of your suggestions; I just wondered if there was an alternative.

    Gary, Aug 17, 2006
  4. Yes, my suggestions are the alternatives.

    Kevin Spencer, Aug 17, 2006
  5. Gary

    Gary Guest

    Oh right. Well that's that then.