Download more than 1 file

Gary

Hi

I'm using ASP.NET and setting window.location.href in my web page to
output an audio file that the user is prompted to download. I would
like to provide a link so that the user can download the audio file and
an XML file one after the other. I've been experimenting with opening a
new
window, but there must be a cleaner way of doing this. Any ideas?

Yanick

Gary wrote :
Hi

I'm using ASP.NET and setting window.location.href in my web page to
output an audio file that the user is prompted to download. I would
like to provide a link so that the user can download the audio file and
an XML file one after the other. I've been experimenting with opening a
new
window, but there must be a cleaner way of doing this. Any ideas?

I don't see how javascript is related to this issue... try asking in
ASP.Net related forums. Javascript is a client-side language bound to a
sandbox ; meaning that it doesn't know much about what's going on
outside DOM trees and browser objects. You won't find anything
cross-browser (or generally accessible by most users) that will do
safely what you wish to accomplish in Javascript.

What I could suggest, though, would be to send the audio file as a
stream in ASP.Net (server side) to the client, and when done, send the
second file the same way. ASP.Net's forums will tell you more about it
(issues, fixes, ...), or even point you a better solution... perhaps.