Download multiple email attachments in single file

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by lahoore@gmail.com, Apr 22, 2007.

    I am using MDaemon mail server and for web client - World Client. I
    would like to download all the attachments as a single zip file from
    inbox instead of downloading each and every attachment. We would like
    to know whether it is possible or not?

    Following is the CGI code segment currently used:

    <$FOREACH ATTACHMENT$>
    target="_blank"><$ATTACHFILE$></a> <$ATTACHINLINE$></td>
    <$ENDEACH ATTACHMENT$>

    Please help us to achieve this.
    , Apr 22, 2007

  2. <> wrote:

    > I am using MDaemon mail server and for web client - World Client. I
    > would like to download all the attachments as a single zip file from
    > inbox instead of downloading each and every attachment. We would like
    > to know whether it is possible or not?

    I doubt it, though that depends on what protocols are supported
    by your mail server.

    There are many modules on CPAN for communicating with email servers.

    Why the restriction of the attachments being gathered into a single
    zip file?

    If you back off on that, then you could write a program in Perl,
    or nearly any other programming language, to simulate the client
    and fetch the resources that are at the end of the attachment's links.

    perldoc -q HTML

    How do I fetch an HTML file?

    > Following is the CGI code segment currently used:
    >
    ><$FOREACH ATTACHMENT$>
    > target="_blank"><$ATTACHFILE$></a> <$ATTACHINLINE$></td>
    ><$ENDEACH ATTACHMENT$>

    If you think that providing that helps solve your problem somehow,
    then you do not yet have an adequate understanding of the technologies
    involved.

    > Please help us to achieve this.

    What part are you stuck on?

    --