Download of files to Windows Mobile 2003

mio

Hi

We have a WEB-based application (developed in Visual Studio 2005) running on
handheld devices in Internet Explorer on Windows Mobile 2003. The application
needs to print tickets on a Bluetooth printer, which is accomplished by
preparing a RTF-file on the server and then downloading this file to the
handheld device. We use a third-party application (PrintPocketCE from
FieldSoftware) for the actual printing of the downloaded file. However, when
the file is about to be downloaded we first get a question saying "Download
<filename> to the My Documents folder in Main Memory?" with Yes, Change and
Cancel buttons. Is there a way to avoid this question and download the file
directly? We need the checkbox "Open file after download" to be checked (as
it is by default when the question is displayed) to get the file processed by
PrintPocketCE after download.

To avoid adding file by file to the handheld device we always use the same
filename for the downloaded file. This leads to another question on each
download, asking whether to overwrite the previously downloaded file. Since
the file has no interest after being printed this question is always answered
with Yes. Is there a way to avoid this question too, for example by setting
some Registry value?

Bob Barrows [MVP]

mio said:
Hi

We have a WEB-based application (developed in Visual Studio 2005)

question to a newsgroup where the dotnet-savvy people hang out. It's hard to
see exactly which category your question falls into, so I suggest you start
with

mio

Thanks for your advise - the question has now been moved according to your
recommendation.