Download of files to Windows Mobile 2003

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by mio, Nov 7, 2005.

  1. mio

    mio Guest

    Hi

    We have a WEB-based application (developed in Visual Studio 2005) running on
    handheld devices in Internet Explorer on Windows Mobile 2003. The application
    needs to print tickets on a Bluetooth printer, which is accomplished by
    preparing a RTF-file on the server and then downloading this file to the
    handheld device. We use a third-party application (PrintPocketCE from
    FieldSoftware) for the actual printing of the downloaded file. However, when
    the file is about to be downloaded we first get a question saying "Download
    <filename> to the My Documents folder in Main Memory?" with Yes, Change and
    Cancel buttons. Is there a way to avoid this question and download the file
    directly? We need the checkbox "Open file after download" to be checked (as
    it is by default when the question is displayed) to get the file processed by
    PrintPocketCE after download.

    To avoid adding file by file to the handheld device we always use the same
    filename for the downloaded file. This leads to another question on each
    download, asking whether to overwrite the previously downloaded file. Since
    the file has no interest after being printed this question is always answered
    with Yes. Is there a way to avoid this question too, for example by setting
    some Registry value?

    --
    Thanks, Mikael
    mio, Nov 7, 2005

  2. mio wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > We have a WEB-based application (developed in Visual Studio 2005)

    question to a newsgroup where the dotnet-savvy people hang out. It's hard to
    see exactly which category your question falls into, so I suggest you start
    with

    Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET
    Bob Barrows [MVP], Nov 7, 2005

  3. mio

    mio Guest

    Thanks for your advise - the question has now been moved according to your
    recommendation.
    --
    Thanks, Mikael

    mio, Nov 7, 2005