Download Problem

Josh

I've got one user with a problem. All other users are fine.

I open a new browser and point it to a CSV file with a XLS extention.

Normal users get a prompt about Open or Save, the problem guy just gets a
blank window open and no message.

Any ideas? Security setting have been checked, popup blocker is not on....

Guest

I'm having the same problem. I use window.open() to open up an excel file to
the user, but the secuity setting "automatic prompting for file download"
which comes in XP SP2 doesn't allow the window to open. Only when this
setting is turned off does the window with the excel file appear after
prompting the user with a question confirming that they want to open up the
file.