    Normal users get a prompt about Open or Save, the problem guy just gets a
    blank window open and no message.

    Any ideas? Security setting have been checked, popup blocker is not on....
    Josh, Oct 20, 2004

  2. I'm having the same problem. I use window.open() to open up an excel file to
    the user, but the secuity setting "automatic prompting for file download"
    which comes in XP SP2 doesn't allow the window to open. Only when this
    setting is turned off does the window with the excel file appear after
    prompting the user with a question confirming that they want to open up the
    file.

    =?Utf-8?B?RGFuaWVsIEdhcmNpYQ==?=, Oct 20, 2004