    Some functions exist (URLDownloadToFile(...) or
    URLDownloadToCacheFile(...) for Windows) but they aren't ANSI.

    Thanks

    FERNANDEZ Emmanuel, Oct 2, 2003

  2. FERNANDEZ Emmanuel

    Mike Wahler Guest

    "FERNANDEZ Emmanuel" <> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > Are there any solutions (in C ANSI) for downloading internet files ?

    No.

    > Some functions exist (URLDownloadToFile(...) or
    > URLDownloadToCacheFile(...) for Windows) but they aren't ANSI.

    That's right. Standard C has no built-in networking
    capabilities. You'll need a platform-specific solution.

    -Mike

    Mike Wahler, Oct 2, 2003

  3. Mike Wahler wrote:

    >>Some functions exist (URLDownloadToFile(...) or
    >>URLDownloadToCacheFile(...) for Windows) but they aren't ANSI.

    > That's right. Standard C has no built-in networking
    > capabilities. You'll need a platform-specific solution.

    For Linux, do you know some libraries i can use ?

    FERNANDEZ Emmanuel, Oct 2, 2003
  4. FERNANDEZ Emmanuel

    > Mike Wahler wrote:
    >
    > >>Some functions exist (URLDownloadToFile(...) or
    > >>URLDownloadToCacheFile(...) for Windows) but they aren't ANSI.

    > > That's right. Standard C has no built-in networking
    > > capabilities. You'll need a platform-specific solution.

    > For Linux, do you know some libraries i can use ?

    Try a Linux group. We only discuss standard C language here.

    -Mike

    Mike Wahler, Oct 2, 2003
  5. Mike Wahler wrote:
    >>For Linux, do you know some libraries i can use ?

    > Try a Linux group. We only discuss standard C language here.

    OK, thanks

    FERNANDEZ Emmanuel, Oct 2, 2003
  6. FERNANDEZ Emmanuel

    Kevin Easton Guest

    FERNANDEZ Emmanuel <> wrote:
    > Mike Wahler wrote:
    >
    >>>Some functions exist (URLDownloadToFile(...) or
    >>>URLDownloadToCacheFile(...) for Windows) but they aren't ANSI.

    >> That's right. Standard C has no built-in networking
    >> capabilities. You'll need a platform-specific solution.

    > For Linux, do you know some libraries i can use ?

    Ask in comp.os.linux.development.apps (there's several, one is called
    "curl").

    - Kevin.

    Kevin Easton, Oct 2, 2003