downloaded file shows action cancelled

Kollmorgen

I have an asp page that outputs a word document. Wnen the user attempts to
open this page from a hyberlink in an email document the word document opens
fine but if they save then an action cancelled message appears in a browser
window. If you cut and paste this same link into IE and attempt to saves
there is no browser window opened.

If the user attempts to open instead of save the document it opens in a word
out side the browser. I am told this used to open up in word insdie the
browser.If you cut and paste the link into explorer and acess it from there
the word document is displayed in word inside the browser.

If I omit the content disposition header the word document opens inside a
browser no matter how it is opened however the save problem remains.

I do not want the browser window to remain open. Or if it must then I dont
want the ACTION Cacelled message. How can I control that?

Thanks for your help.

Anthony Jones

Kollmorgen said:
I have an asp page that outputs a word document. Wnen the user attempts to
open this page from a hyberlink in an email document the word document opens
fine

In a browser window or an instance of Word?
but if they save then an action cancelled message appears in a browser
window.

What happens if you scroll through the document to the end first then
attempt to save?

Anthony Jones

Kollmorgen said:
in an instance of word. But I want it opened inside of the browser in word.

:

Then when you attempt to save the word document does it actually save?
A browser window appears with Action Canceled in it ?

Kollmorgen

Yes it saves fine. Its when I click save that I get the action cancelled
displayed in
the browser. I dont want that to open up at all.

Steve