Downloading a file from an ASPX Page

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by C, Nov 5, 2003.

  1. C

    C Guest

    Hi,

    I generate a report in crystal and output it as a PDF.

    I then add some details to my HTTP Headers so to download
    the file.

    When the user clicks on Download button I update some
    server side labels.

    However these changes do not get pushed out to the client.

    When the user gets a screen asking them to save / open or
    cancel teh download, this dialog box seems to take control
    from the browser window and my labels on my page do not
    get updated.

    Anyone know how I can overcome this?

    Thanks,
    C.
    C, Nov 5, 2003

  2. C

    John Guest

    C,

    We had a similar problem. When they clicked download it was trying to
    download the .aspx page and not the .pdf file. This was because they didn't
    have adobe plug-in installed on their computer.

    HTH
    John

    John, Nov 5, 2003