    I don't know how to enter the url link to the ftp site in ftpx
    Can someone help me?
    Many thanks for your reply

    Jean-Benoit MORLA, Jun 7, 2004

  2. Jean-Benoit MORLA

    Phillip Lord Guest

    Jean-Benoit> Hi

    Jean-Benoit> I would like to download Gnu emacs. At the moment
    Jean-Benoit> there is a link to a ftp site. I can't get to this
    Jean-Benoit> link using Internet Explorer so I tried downloading and
    Jean-Benoit> installing ftpx. I don't know how to enter the url
    Jean-Benoit> link to the ftp site in ftpx Can someone help me? Many
    Jean-Benoit> thanks for your reply

    There are more mirrors for Gnu software than you could shake a stick
    at. You might want to try one of these instead.

    For instance...

    ftp://ftp.cs.univ-paris8.fr/mirrors/ftp.gnu.org/emacs/emacs-21.3.tar.gz
    ftp://ftp.cs.univ-paris8.fr/mirrors/ftp.gnu.org/emacs/leim-21.3.tar.gz

    should get you a quick download.

    Or if you want windows binaries...

    ftp://ftp.cs.univ-paris8.fr/mirrors/ftp.gnu.org/emacs/windows/emacs-21.3-fullbin-i386.tar.gz

    unless you are on a slow connection in which case...

    ftp://ftp.cs.univ-paris8.fr/mirrors/ftp.gnu.org/emacs/windows/emacs-21.3-bin-i386.tar.gz

    which is much the same, but 5M smaller.

    Cheers

    Phil

    Phillip Lord, Jun 7, 2004