Downloading into XCV600

Discussion in 'VHDL' started by Isaac, Jul 31, 2003.

  1. Isaac

    Isaac Guest

    Hi Fellows,

    I have main architecture consists of different components. All these
    components are defined in different *.vhd files and I am combining all
    these VHDL files in one *.vhd file and downloading into the CHIP and
    it's working fine according to logic. Lets call this main BLOCK as
    BLOCK1.

    Now,I need 6 of these blocks on the same chip (I am using XCV600
    device). And I need to interconnect different signals defined in the
    BLOCK. say for example I need to loop all of them together.
    How could I accomplish this task. I want only one *.vhd file so that
    it would be easy to download one *.rbt file into the chip at one time.

    1. Do I have to define different input / output signal so that every
    BLOCK has different signal names from each other and than use port map
    and component decelartion in top *.vhd file to accopmlish the task.
    Thats how all these *.vhd files would be in one *.vhd file. For
    example in one BLOCK I have 4 entity/arch for 4 components and 1 main
    entity/arch where port mapping and component decleration is defines ,
    so I have 5 entity / arch in one BLOCK and it's in one *.vhd file.
    Thats how for 6 of these BLOCK I would have 30 entity/arch + 1 main
    entity/arch in which all of these components (which I think 6 one of
    each BLOCK)will be defined along with port mapping.
    So in all 31 entity/arch pair would be in one *.vhd file. Do you think
    is this correct. Or is there is any other better way to do this.
    2. How can I use make file option to compile 6 different *.vhd files
    (one of each block )and 1 main *.vhd file (for component decleration
    and port mapping)
    to generate one *.rbt file.

    I am worried because I have to use 12 BLOCKS of different logic design
    having 12 entity/arch pair block (in all 145 Entity/arch pairs )and
    interconnect all these 12 block with 6 above mentinoed BLOCKS.

    Cheer Guru's

    Any help would be appreciated.

    Isaac

    Isaac, Jul 31, 2003