Downloading java runtime environment

Jerry Manner

Hi

I am trying almost the whole afternoon to find the right version
( 1.6 ) of jre or jdk. I cannot find it on the java.sun.com website.
Can someone please give me the right url for the install file?

I can find Java 2 Platform, Standard Edition, v 1.4.2 (J2SE), but not
the 1.6 version.

Any help will be appreciat

Regards

Nigel Wade

Jerry said:
Hi

I am trying almost the whole afternoon to find the right version
( 1.6 ) of jre or jdk. I cannot find it on the java.sun.com website.
Can someone please give me the right url for the install file?

I can find Java 2 Platform, Standard Edition, v 1.4.2 (J2SE)

You can? Where? Finding the 1.4.2 platform is like finding a needle in a
haystack. You must have searched really, really hard to find that whilst
walking right past the latest downloads. Failed to see the wood for the trees
perhaps?
but not the 1.6 version.

On the front page of java.sun.com, under the heading "Popular Downloads:", the
top item (Java SE) takes you to the download page where you can download just
about every variant of the latest 1.6 release:

http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index.jsp

Jason Cavett

Hi

I am trying almost the whole afternoon to find the right version
( 1.6 ) of jre or jdk. I cannot find it on the java.sun.com website.
Can someone please give me the right url for the install file?

I can find Java 2 Platform, Standard Edition, v 1.4.2 (J2SE), but not
the 1.6 version.

Any help will be appreciat

Regards

Also, just to clarify - 6.0 = 1.6 in the new (sorta) Java versioning
scheme. Maybe that's why you missed it?