    the 1.6 version.

    Any help will be appreciat

    Regards

    Jerry Manner, Jun 19, 2008

  2. Jerry Manner

    Nigel Wade Guest

    Jerry Manner wrote:

    > Hi
    >
    > I am trying almost the whole afternoon to find the right version
    > ( 1.6 ) of jre or jdk. I cannot find it on the java.sun.com website.
    > Can someone please give me the right url for the install file?
    >

    > I can find Java 2 Platform, Standard Edition, v 1.4.2 (J2SE)

    You can? Where? Finding the 1.4.2 platform is like finding a needle in a
    haystack. You must have searched really, really hard to find that whilst
    walking right past the latest downloads. Failed to see the wood for the trees
    perhaps?

    > but not the 1.6 version.

    On the front page of java.sun.com, under the heading "Popular Downloads:", the
    top item (Java SE) takes you to the download page where you can download just
    about every variant of the latest 1.6 release:

    http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index.jsp

    --
    Nigel Wade

    Nigel Wade, Jun 19, 2008

  3. Jerry Manner

    Jason Cavett Guest

    On Jun 19, 9:00 am, Jerry Manner <> wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > I am trying almost the whole afternoon to find the right version
    > ( 1.6 ) of jre or jdk. I cannot find it on the java.sun.com website.
    > Can someone please give me the right url for the install file?
    >
    > I can find Java 2 Platform, Standard Edition, v 1.4.2 (J2SE), but not
    > the 1.6 version.
    >
    > Any help will be appreciat
    >
    > Regards

    Also, just to clarify - 6.0 = 1.6 in the new (sorta) Java versioning
    scheme. Maybe that's why you missed it?

    Jason Cavett, Jun 19, 2008