Downloading MIDlet form web server problem

Discussion in 'Java' started by Maciej, Mar 13, 2008.

  1. Maciej

    Maciej Guest

    I am trying to deploy and test my application of emulator of palmtop,
    provided by wireless Toolkit [1], according to the tutorial from
    Developers Works [2]. And so, I tried to install MIDlet application on
    palmtop emulator, by downloading it from my local web server, but I
    still the get the error:

    OTA Error Code (38) - The server did not hava a resource with the
    correct type (code 406) or the JAR downloaded has the wrong media
    type. [text/vnd.sun.j2me.app-descriptor]

    I've seen this is common problem, which can be helped by defining MIME
    types at the server side. So I tried it with both:
    * Apache 2.2 by editing <.htaccess> file in the local directory, where
    MIDlet is provided:

    addtype application/java-archive jar
    addtype text/vnd.sun.j2me.app-descriptor jad

    * Tomcat 5.5 by editing <web.xml> configuration file

    <mime-mapping>
    <extension>jad</extension>
    <mime-type>text/vnd.sun.j2me.app-descriptor</mime-type>
    </mime-mapping>
    <mime-mapping>
    <extension>jar</extension>
    <mime-type>application/java-archive</mime-type>
    </mime-mapping>

    But it does not resolve the problem. Can you help me ? What could be
    the reason ?

    Best,

    Maciej

    1. Sun Java Wireless Toolkit -- Version 2.5.2 for CLDC
    2. http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/edu/wi-dw-wikit-i.html

    Maciej, Mar 13, 2008