    allowing them to select the directory and choose between
    open and save.

    Thanking you in anticipation.
    Roger Withnell, Jul 5, 2003

  2. Roger Withnell

    Robb Meade Guest

    "Roger Withnell" wrote ...

    > Could someone please let me have a simple piece of code to
    > allow users to download a Word document or a pdf file,
    > allowing them to select the directory and choose between
    > open and save.

    2 ways to do this,

    a) have a hyperlink -

    to download this file</a>

    b) use a component

    Take a look at SoftArtisans (www.softartisans.com) FileUp and FileManager
    components, they are not free, but you can get evaluation versions, I've
    used these at home and work and find them to be very good.

    Not sure why you cant just use 'a' in the above though, as by default I
    believe (Internet Explorer at least) to give you the option to open or
    download - and I would 'assume' that most of the newer browsers would also?

    Hope this helps,

    Regards

    Robb
    Robb Meade, Jul 6, 2003