Downloading Word and pdf documents

Roger Withnell

Could someone please let me have a simple piece of code to
allow users to download a Word document or a pdf file,
allowing them to select the directory and choose between
open and save.

Thanking you in anticipation.

Robb Meade

Could someone please let me have a simple piece of code to
allow users to download a Word document or a pdf file,
allowing them to select the directory and choose between
open and save.

2 ways to do this,

a) have a hyperlink -

to download this file</a>

b) use a component

Take a look at SoftArtisans (www.softartisans.com) FileUp and FileManager
components, they are not free, but you can get evaluation versions, I've
used these at home and work and find them to be very good.

Not sure why you cant just use 'a' in the above though, as by default I
believe (Internet Explorer at least) to give you the option to open or
download - and I would 'assume' that most of the newer browsers would also?

Hope this helps,

Regards

Robb