doxygen

June Lee

I found running from command line some what complicated.

Does VC++ 2005 or above has a plugin for doxygen ( the documentation
tool )

Jorgen Grahn

Really? I thought you just edited the Doxyfile and ran the
doxygen.exe file.

True. Which means, when you have customized Doxyfile for your project,
that you just type "doxygen". Or add it to your Makefile, or whatever
build system you use.

/Jorgen

dave_mikesell

I read about doxygen here yesterday, and decided to try it just to see what
it had to say about my little 400-line program.
I edited the doxyfile (not much), and added the path to my .cpp file and the
paths to my include and lib directories.
The command (from a DOS box) is:

doxygen doxyfile

An hour later, doxygen is still (as I write) parsing, computing, reporting
what it's doing to the console screen, etc. etc., and that's on my *fast*
machine, an Athlon 64 3400+.
I am assuming it will complete some day, and I can then tell what it
actually did....

Hmmm...that sounds odd. I've run it on hundreds of source files and
it completes much faster than that.

John Brawley

Jorgen Grahn said:
[...]

I'd never used it before.
It finished. Turns out I had asked it to do far more than my one source
file (it made all the files in the include directory look real pretty and
nice....; about 80 megabytes of HTML.)
If I run it on only my 400-line source file, it completes in less than a few
seconds.
My bad.
I had expected it to do what a profiler does, and stick the actual functions
and such from my #include <soandso> files, into my own source.
Not so.
More bad.
No biggie: one tries, one learns.