    I found running from command line some what complicated.

    Does VC++ 2005 or above has a plugin for doxygen ( the documentation
    tool )

    June Lee, Mar 12, 2008

  2. EventHelix.com, Mar 12, 2008

  3. June Lee

    Guest

    On Mar 11, 8:37 pm, June Lee <> wrote:
    > I found running from command line some what complicated.

    Really? I thought you just edited the Doxyfile and ran the
    doxygen.exe file.

    , Mar 12, 2008
  4. June Lee

    Jorgen Grahn Guest

    On Tue, 11 Mar 2008 20:17:38 -0700 (PDT), <> wrote:
    > On Mar 11, 8:37 pm, June Lee <> wrote:
    >> I found running from command line some what complicated.

    > Really? I thought you just edited the Doxyfile and ran the
    > doxygen.exe file.

    True. Which means, when you have customized Doxyfile for your project,
    that you just type "doxygen". Or add it to your Makefile, or whatever
    build system you use.

    /Jorgen

    Jorgen Grahn, Mar 12, 2008
  5. June Lee

    Guest

    On Mar 12, 7:07 pm, "John Brawley" <> wrote:
    > I read about doxygen here yesterday, and decided to try it just to see what
    > it had to say about my little 400-line program.
    > I edited the doxyfile (not much), and added the path to my .cpp file and the
    > paths to my include and lib directories.
    > The command (from a DOS box) is:
    >
    > doxygen doxyfile
    >
    > An hour later, doxygen is still (as I write) parsing, computing, reporting
    > what it's doing to the console screen, etc. etc., and that's on my *fast*
    > machine, an Athlon 64 3400+.
    > I am assuming it will complete some day, and I can then tell what it
    > actually did....

    Hmmm...that sounds odd. I've run it on hundreds of source files and
    it completes much faster than that.

    , Mar 12, 2008
  6. June Lee

    John Brawley Guest

    --
    Peace
    JB

    Web: http://tetrahedraverse.com

    John Brawley, Mar 13, 2008
  7. June Lee

    John Brawley Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > On Mar 12, 7:07 pm, "John Brawley" <> wrote:
    > > I read about doxygen here yesterday, and decided to try it just to see

    what
    > > it had to say about my little 400-line program.
    > > I edited the doxyfile (not much), and added the path to my .cpp file and

    the
    > > paths to my include and lib directories.
    > > The command (from a DOS box) is:
    > >
    > > doxygen doxyfile
    > >
    > > An hour later, doxygen is still (as I write) parsing, computing,

    reporting
    > > what it's doing to the console screen, etc. etc., and that's on my

    *fast*
    > > machine, an Athlon 64 3400+.
    > > I am assuming it will complete some day, and I can then tell what it
    > > actually did....

    > Hmmm...that sounds odd. I've run it on hundreds of source files and
    > it completes much faster than that.

    I'd never used it before.
    It finished. Turns out I had asked it to do far more than my one source
    file (it made all the files in the include directory look real pretty and
    nice....; about 80 megabytes of HTML.)
    If I run it on only my 400-line source file, it completes in less than a few
    seconds.
    My bad.
    I had expected it to do what a profiler does, and stick the actual functions
    and such from my #include <soandso> files, into my own source.
    Not so.
    More bad.
    No biggie: one tries, one learns.

    John Brawley, Mar 13, 2008