DQueue

Discussion in 'C++' started by Daniel Seitz, Jul 26, 2003.

  1. Daniel Seitz

    Daniel Seitz Guest

    krish wrote in message <>...
    >hello,
    >
    >i have a doubt .
    >
    >what is the differnece between dqueue and queue.
    >
    >what it stands for 'd' in the dqueue.
    >
    >regards
    >krish

    std::deque<>, pronounced "deck" stands for double-ended queue. It supports
    insertions and both ends (front and back) and random insertion. Prefer it
    over std::vector<> when you wish to insert mostly at the beginning and end.
    Some would recommend prefering it more, but I'll leave you to research
    furthur.
    Daniel Seitz, Jul 26, 2003

  2. Daniel Seitz

    Daniel Seitz Guest

    It's very late here, so I apologize if my post was difficult to comprehend.

    krish, Jul 26, 2003
  4. "krish" <> wrote in message
    > hello,
    >
    > i have a doubt .
    >
    > what is the differnece between dqueue and queue.
    >
    > what it stands for 'd' in the dqueue.
    >
    > regards
    > krish

    What is the context? There is a queue in C++ but there is no dqueue. Perhaps
    you could explain a little bit more about where you heard the term dqueue?
    It is not a C++ term.

    john
    John Harrison, Jul 26, 2003
  5. Daniel Seitz