Dr. Watson comes up in vsnet 2003 when I try to open a .htm or .xml file from solution explorer.

Hazzard

..aspx pages work fine and vsnet.2003 runs fine with all
functionality(edit,build, execute, etc) except when I try to open a .html
file in the project or a .xml file. Dr. Watson comes up immediately in order
to send an error report to Microsoft. Any ideas?

Thank you,
_Greg

ps. I also posted to vsnet.general newsgroup. Because this is a showstopper,
an asp.net application, and with the possibility of someone from this group
has witnessed this behavior, I did cross post just this one time.

Hazzard

after reviewing the machine's brain dump that gets sent to Microsoft, I saw
XMLSPY and other products which I was evaluating mentioned in the mix.

I removed all those components and the .htm, css ans .xml open fine now in
VSStudio.NET

Word of caution though. I cannot remove xmlspy that gets integrated with
Visual Studio. There is some snafu that has left me with the relics of an
installation I cannot use but whose menus and some measure of footprint
still remain.

-hazz

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Hazz,

Thank you for the response. Regarding on the issue, we're
finding proper resource to assist you and we will update as soon as posible.

Regards,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security(This posting is provided "AS IS",
with no warranties, and confers no rights.)

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Hazz,

After some further research, I think the problem is likely due to the
XMLSPY add-in. Are you using the XMLSPY add-in for VS.NET? I've found some
former issues with the same symptom(problems with opening files such as
css,html in web project) and they're resolved by disabling the XMLSPY
add-in such as :

Altova\XMLSPY2004\XMLSpyVsipCtrl.dll

Also, I suspect that the add-in may has been corrupted, so I recommend you
remove it thoroughly to see whether the problem will go away. Thanks.

Regards,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
rights.)

Get Preview at ASP.NET whidbey

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Hazz,

Have you had a chance to check out the suggestions in my last reply or have
you got any further progress on this issue? If there're anything else we
can help, please feel free to post here. Thanks.