Draft Secure C

Default User

Cesar Rabak wrote:

Then the endless cookie cutter posts about non topicallity and top
posting.

When the cookie-cutter top-posting message comes from me, as many do, I
try to put "- TPA" in the subject line. Those with real newsreaders
can filter that.

Brian

Cesar Rabak

Default User escreveu:
Cesar Rabak wrote:

When the cookie-cutter top-posting message comes from me, as many do, I
try to put "- TPA" in the subject line. Those with real newsreaders
can filter that.
And else thread someone was disgusted about another poster not being
courteous:

Do you understand that bashing posters', specially the ones are first
posting here, newsreader choices as your phrase above "Those with real
newsreaders" is at least unfriendly and downright offensive?

Kenny McCormack

And else thread someone was disgusted about another poster not being
courteous:

Do you understand that bashing posters', specially the ones are first
posting here, newsreader choices as your phrase above "Those with real
newsreaders" is at least unfriendly and downright offensive?

1) In regards to the obnoxiousness aspect of it, get used to it. It
won't get any better. The "regs" post here to get their psychic jollies
from beating up on the defenseless. (At least I hope they do; as I
posted elsewhere, if they're *not* getting off on it, then they really
*are* complete time wastes)
2) The theory behind Default Loser's position is that the people without
"real newsreaders" are those to whom the TPA posts are directed.
I.e., those with "real newsreaders" are the ones who are entiteld to
opt out of reading them.

Whether you agree or not with DL's position is, of course, up to you to
decide.

Cesar Rabak wrote:

Do you understand that bashing posters', specially the ones are first
posting here, newsreader choices as your phrase above "Those with
real newsreaders" is at least unfriendly and downright offensive?

Ah, I see. You are the type that is determined to be offended.

I won't bother with you anymore.

*plonk*

Brian

CBFalconer

Cesar said:

And else thread someone was disgusted about another poster not
being courteous:

Do you understand that bashing posters', specially the ones are
first posting here, newsreader choices as your phrase above
"Those with real newsreaders" is at least unfriendly and
downright offensive?

Why? It seems factual. I gather your recommendation is to leave
the newbies in ignorance forever, and abandon the newsgroup to
them. This attitude leads to feral cats and children.

-- Francis Crick, co-discover of DNA
-- Thomas Matthews

Cesar Rabak

CBFalconer escreveu:
Why? It seems factual. I gather your recommendation is to leave
the newbies in ignorance forever, and abandon the newsgroup to
them. This attitude leads to feral cats and children.

A lot of posters are being flamed by being factual as well. So this is
non sequitur.

You can take newbies from ignorance, but I'm afraid the specific issue
about the newsreader option of the posters does not count as one of
'enlightenment' versus 'ignorance'.

Suggesting and giving example are better options.

About your last sentence: who says it did not happen already?!

Mark McIntyre

Kenny McCormack escreveu:
Totally. . . LOL

Just for your reference, Kenny is a resident troll. Best not to chat
to him.

--
Mark McIntyre

--Brian Kernighan