    I am developing a web application where the users should be able to upload files to the server by just dragging a file from the windows explorer or the desktop onto an area on the web browser. Now when i drag a file on to the browser IE tries to open it. i have tried to use the onDragDrop event in the javascript but i am not able to capture the path of the file that has been dropped. Is javascript enough to attain such a functionality or do i need to develop an activex or a custom control. Any suggestions on how to resolve are most welcome
    Thanks in advanc
    srin
    srin, Jan 30, 2004

  2. Hi srin!

    Did you came up with a solutions on your prob?
    Active-X component?

    / Per

    Per Hallstrom, Feb 2, 2004

  3. srin

    srin Guest

    Hi Per
    Yes i found that it is not possible with Javascript. So i am trying to make an activex control. But still trying to find out the best methods. If i use dotnet then i might need the dotnet runtime on the clients machine. So i might have to use vb6 but we also get the warning unless we get it signed by some authirity. If you have any clues can you suggest something helpfu
    Thank
    sri
    srin, Feb 3, 2004