Drag and Drop files

Rob T

Hi.

I'm looking for a few pointers on being able to drag and drop files into the
IE browser and have the file stored in my DB. (Idealy, I would like to be
able to drag them out also, but that's a much lower priority)

Currently, I'm doing it the traditional way by having the user enter the
file name into a file/input box. (some of my users aren't too bright and
don't understand this concept!) If you've seen ofoto.com or winkflash.com
's sites, they do this so the user can easly upload their images, I believe
with an activeX control. I basically want to do the same thing.

Thanks.

Kevin Spencer

Can you write an ActiveX control? That is what you would need to do
something like this.

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP
..Net Developer
Neither a follower nor a lender be.

Rob T

I've never had to write one.... I guess it's time to figure out how to do
it. Any good sources on how to?

Kevin Spencer

Well, ActiveX is a Microsoft technology, so I'd start with the Microsoft web
site. The MSDN library has lots of information.