Drag-and-drop Outlook to ASP.NET

Harlan Messinger

Is it possible to have an ASP.NET application where:

(1) I have a database table where each row represents an issue of some sort.

(2) Another table contains supporting documents for these issues, with a
BLOB column for the content, a column indicating the type of the
document, a column containing the title, and a foreign key into the
issue table.

(3) A particular web form displays a grid of rows from the issue table.

(4) I use Outlook to access my Exchange inbox.

(5) When I receive an e-mail that pertains to one of the existing
issues, I can drag it from Outlook and drop it onto the row for the
pertinent issue in the web form grid, and the application will upload
the content to the supporting documents table, use the message's subject
as the document title, and associate the new document with the pertinent
issue via the foreign key column.

(Is it even possible to do this with a Windows .NET form?)