    multi-select rows of a datagrid with cntrl or shift key AND THEN drag them.

    thanks for reading this pitiful post.
    -psb
    psb, Jan 3, 2005

  2. I don't know much about dragging and dropping rows, but multi-selecting is
    quite a simple task. To select one row by clicking on any cell you need to
    add onclick event handler with a reference to the row as parameter. You can
    do it on server side in ItemDataBound event, where you get a reference to
    the row as a parameter. In client side event handler, once you get a
    reference to the row, you can change the row's visual attributes to make it
    look selected.

    In the client side event handler, in normal case you would want to restore
    visual attributes of previously selected row to make it look unselected.
    Before doing this, check ctrlKey property of event object to see if Ctrl
    button is pressed. If it is, don't restore the previously selected row.

    Eliyahu

    "psb" <> wrote in message
    > anyone ever tried dragging and dropping rows of a datagrid?? what about
    > multi-selecting rows without checkboxes like a multiple selectable
    > dropdownlist; i.e., holding down the cntrol key? I have seen drag and

    drop

    Eliyahu Goldin, Jan 4, 2005

  3. psb

    Saravana Guest

    Check out this article to know how to implement drag and drop feature in
    datagrid,
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/04/01/CuttingEdge/default.aspx

    --
    -Saravana