Drag and Drop with IE

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by Smellyfrog, Apr 5, 2006.

  1. Smellyfrog

    Smellyfrog Guest

    Hi,

    I have tried to find some code to perform a drag and drop with IE from,
    let's say a windows explorer window onto a web page.

    We have an applet on our page that does the drag and drop file
    handling.

    What I am trying to do (And I have this working in Firefox), is to hide
    the applet (using a div) when I don't need it.

    Then, when an onDragOver event is triggered, to make the div containing
    the applet visible, allowing the user to drop the file on the applet.

    As I said earlier, I have this working in Firefox.

    All I have in IE is some kind of an onDrop event detected. The problem
    is that when the applet shows it's too late: the file has been dropped
    already.

    Any help much appreciated.
    Thanks
    Yannick