Drag Drop Grid

Guest

If one were to develop a web server control (web control library), which
enhances the datagrid by implementing a class that inherits from the DataGrid
class, and give it drag and drop capability.

In other words a re-usable server control that is a datagrid only it allows
a user to drag it around the web page.

Any suggestions on how to implement the drag and drop feature? I looked into
htc's but that would require htc files for the developer to deal with and I
do not want to go that route. I'd rather them simply drag and drop the
control onto their web page via the toolbox and be done.

Thanks

Ryan Walberg, MCSD for .NET

Demetri said:
If one were to develop a web server control (web control library), which
enhances the datagrid by implementing a class that inherits from the DataGrid
class, and give it drag and drop capability.

In other words a re-usable server control that is a datagrid only it allows
a user to drag it around the web page.

Any suggestions on how to implement the drag and drop feature? I looked into
htc's but that would require htc files for the developer to deal with and I
do not want to go that route. I'd rather them simply drag and drop the
control onto their web page via the toolbox and be done.

Dragging and dropping on the user's side would be a client-side thing.
So you'd want to look at CSS and JavaScript.

Steven

There is a MSDN magazine article on implementing this using HTC. Check out
the MSDN website.